Marney`s Village InnAlma Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Former hunting lodge dating from 1765 which became the Alma Arms in the mid 1800’s. The name changed in 1994 to reflect the Marney family who traded in a local woodyard and after whom the adjacent pond is also named. Has an oak beamed interior. Photos of locals and pictures of ducks and the pub adorn the walls. The menu changes monthly. although some staples are always available. It is advisable to book for food, especially at weekends. A wood-burning stove keeps indoors toasty in winter, while in summer there is a large patio and garden. Events garden available for private hire.