See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Back around 1780 parts of the pub used to be a court house and jail, while the other end was a butchers. This old low beamed pub, parts of which date from the 16th century, has the appearance of a coaching inn, with a large bay window at the front of the premises, low ceilings and exposed internal wooden beams and stands on a corner opposite the cricket green. There’s a centre bar with three areas around it. A cosy carpeted lounge is on one side with an area featuring a stone fireplace to the other. Old sewing machines feature above the bay window. A room for private dining or functions is available.